Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the mexico hypothesis

Here's the thing. I've traveled a bit. I've been to Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy... I'm not deprived of travelling. One might say (very rightly) that I've been a bit spoiled in this area compared to many people.

And yet.

I very much would like to go to Mexico this winter with Karen, her daughter Emily, and my mother. I firmly believe that my mom would enjoy such an experience. Karen, you see, has these vacation packages to an all-inclusive resort in Cancun. Which sounds just like my cup of tea. All we would have to pay is air travel, which at this point is appearing to be in the $500-$600 range. Not bad, considering that I am paying more than that to go to Florida next week during spring break for job interviews. But that's another story for another time.

I beg my mom to consider that this would be a chance for her to spend a full week with her lovely daughter whom (who?) she won't have seen in months doing very relaxing things. It sounds ideal to me. If only there was a way (monetary and otherwise) that I could work it out to come back to Michigan for Christmas, and then head back down to Florida afterwards. Only time will tell.

Call me spoiled rotten, call me materialistic, call me base. I don't much care. I want to go to Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment