Tuesday, August 30, 2011

one for the money, two for the show

I suppose everyone can tell that I am no English major. I am not a creative writer by any means, I just hope that my tone can come across in my posts, because how else would I entertain myself?

I was over at FireCracker's house today visiting, and she told me a little about her first week at school, though to be honest, she's a little quiet about it. All she says is that it was "good". For a supremely talkative girl, that is a very short answer! Monster (the nephew, born in May) was sleeping the whole time I was there, but I did spend a fair amount of time getting spit-up on on Sunday, so I feel okay about that. FireCracker, on the other hand, hasn't seen me in about a week and a half, and so she wants to have another sleepover.

FIRECRACKER: Can I stay at your house tonight?
ME: Not tonight. It's a school night!
FIRECRACKER: Is every night a school night?

She gives me the giggles sometimes.

Work has suddenly been crazy, I have five days at a school with 80+ students there, and I also have a number of Pre-K students to see. They weren't kidding at work when they said that the school year would bring busy times! I'm not sure if I want to complain or dance for joy.

I'll definitely complain that I am sleepy. Yes. Sleepy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment