Sunday, September 4, 2011

kirsten's unbeatably easy salsa

I've made this salsa recipe at least three time, and it's the simplest thing I've made in years. Here you go!

Kirsten's Unbeatably Easy Salsa

Diced tomatoes (I used 3-4 tomatoes, but sometimes I use the pre-diced ones you can buy)
1 small can petite diced tomatoes (optional. For those who prefer their salsa to have more juice)
1/2 a medium onion, diced (any kind that suits you. Red is great, but this time I used sweet vidalia)
1 jalepeno, with half the seeds removed (the spice is in the seeds, add or subtract, depending on your spicey preference)
Salt to taste

Variations:
1 clove garlic, minced
Some fresh chopped cilantro, maybe a tablespoon depending on how much tomato you've used.

This salsa is so unbelievably tasty, probably because I love love love tomatoes. But if you're looking for a fat free and practically calorie free something to eat with your chips, I think this is your answer.

Mmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment