Tuesday, June 12, 2012

lose the baggage

There is a large part of me (no pun intended) that thinks that my life will be vastly improved if I lose weight. No more medications, cheaper clothing, less worry about travel... Might even improve my anxiety.

I'm finding the road to be difficult, given my addiction to food. Not even decent food. I love food that is bad for me. French fries, fried pickles, burgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, and chips. Ice cream. Cheesecake. Cheap queso dip! And the problem is that I can't stop once I start eating, it's an obsession. I could happily go without eating at all ever again, if I didn't get so darn hungry and feel faint from lack of food. Once I start eating I just keep going and going, but if I never start then all is well.

I've been getting quite a lot of inspiration lately from Can You Stay For Dinner? which covers a myriad of topics, not the least of which is the author's inspiring journey from morbidly obese to healthy. I find that I can relate to her, because quite simply, I am just about where she was when she started. Almost the same weight, feeling the same anxieties. I just can't wait. I've started working on it, but slowly.

I bought the Just Dance 3 game for my Wii, and I love it. I sweat like buckets during the game, and I do about a half hour of it before I just can't do anymore. I've been trying to follow friend's advice to not quit when it gets tough because that's when it really matters the most, and I think that it has helped me to push myself past what I thought I could do. And I am beginning to set goals for myself. They are still not fully shaped, but they are beginning. I want to be able to go home (back to the mitten) fro Christmas, and wear boots! I've never been able to wear boots in style, because my calves are too fat. I want to wear boots, guys. Next summer, I want to go on vacation. I want to make big weight loss, and reward myself with a vacation. Ideas are welcome

And it's getting late (for me). I need to go to sleep. Get ready for a weight loss journey, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment